Renal Cell Live!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

From Beyond The Grave

No, not my own! I've been quiet recently as not much has been happening, other than the arrival - at last - of spring. We're hosting several pairs of tree swallows and a pair of bluebirds, plus have recently been seeing flickers in the yard below the feeders (get those ants! Get 'em! Get 'em!)

I'm writing in complete and utter frustration. It seems that my ex-husband, who committed suicide last fall, left behind more than sadness and regret. He also left behind unpaid debts. I'm now getting calls from collection agencies, eager to locate "beneficiaries." First, we separated acrimoniously in 1983. Do the math, that's twenty-five years ago. Second, we divorced in 1984. That's twenty-four years ago. Apart from an unpleasant post card I received shortly after we separated (he was sniping about some stuff he'd left behind when he moved out, like that was my fault) I hadn't exchanged a word with him since October, 1983. I heard about his death through friends of my brother's; I lost track of his family years ago.

I realize the economy is bad and debt collection is on the upswing; some of these companies are absolutely ruthless, from what I've heard. I can only guess that they've tried - and failed - to recover money from his widowed, invalid mother and his brother and sister. They'd best not think they can come after me. Give me a break.

Just when I thought the bastard was safely in his grave, he still has the power to make everyone associated with him miserable. I only hope that I can get these jerks off my tail.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home