Renal Cell Live!

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Out, Old!

Well, Happy New Year. I have been awake for 3-1/2 hours for no particular reason beyond a 19-lb cat snoring in my left ear at 2:00 a.m. (thanks, Duke). The pork loin and sauerkraut with onions, potatoes, applesauce and prunes is cooking away in the slow cooker, so we'll have our good luck meal at noon. I don't know that the pork and sauerkraut routine really works but I always have it just in case. (I'm not a fan of black-eyed peas so I don't think I'll try that one)

I had my last doctor's appointment for 2008 yesterday with Dr. SC at OSU. Bloodwork was good - slight elevation in creatinine level and blood calcium level; normal white blood count; slightly low red blood count and mean cell volume. Dr. SC was pretty pleased, said I looked good and commented that he has no other patients on such a low dose of Nexavar.

Maybe pork and sauerkraut does bring luck - I don't know how else to account for the continued positive results beyond magic, witchcraft, and the man behind the curtain. Maybe if I try black-eyed peas I'll win the lottery? (I should be so lucky!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home