Renal Cell Live!

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Silly Season

Gail Collins laments that she's not getting attention from politicians because she's not in a battleground state. Oh, honey, would I trade places with you. We lucky Ohioans have now been subjected to nearly 2 years of ads, phone calls, mailings, leaflets, candidate visits, television coverage, "man-on-the-street" opinion taking, and on and on. I suppose when it all ends next week with the election, it will all start all over again November 6 for 2012. I'm thankful for caller ID - no phone call with "Out of area" gets answered here. And yes, indeed, we get calls all day, every day. I think the amount of money being thrown around here is appalling - what couldn't we do with that baksheesh if it were being applied to social services, or better roads and bridges, or simply giving everyone in town a dinner out? Sheesh.

I think I've finally shaken the cold/flu/sinus stuff - no more cement in my head, hooray, and very little nausea. It's debilitating and it's frustrating to be laid so low by something so simple. Do we count it a pleasure just to be alive so that we can fall ill to such unpleasantness? I can certainly say I've considered the alternative and found it lacking but jeez, it would be nice to go a month without having something minor turn into something major. Oh well, better to be recovering than not.

My friend C arrives sometime today for a couple of weeks. Let's hope her winter coat that was left behind on her travels appears here before too many days go by - we had a dusting of snow on Monday, not enough to consider a "snowfall" but enough to show up on the newly worked ground in the next field. The old wives' tale about number of snows corresponding to date of first measurable snowfall makes me hope we get it over with early in November or early in December. Brrrrr!!!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home