Renal Cell Live!

Monday, September 22, 2008

Lake Wobegon Days

"It's been a quiet week here ..." - or multiple quiet weeks, rather. We keep waiting for the rain that's been promised and seems imminent, but so far have garnered only a little over an inch from all those hurricanes and fronts moving through. Given that my brother and sister both have had multiple rains with multiple inches involved during the same time period, I can't help but feel a little left out. We did escape the effects of Hurricane Ike's winds that devastated other parts of central Ohio and I'm grateful for that.

I'm beginning to see the familiar and detested signs of hand/foot rising again for the first time in months: little tingles in my feet; shiny, blasted-looking patches of skin on my thumb and great toe; itchy spots on my hands. A week's vacation from Nexavar will be beneficial; I'm just not sure when to start. It's a fine balance to strike - not to let it go too long, as the resulting sores on my great toe take a relatively long time to heal up, yet not stopping the dose too soon or too long, should anything else arise. I'm not good at second-guessing myself so will check with Dr. G.

Our favorite contractor Jerry has been working on the barn. We now have a storage area, and have installed vents, windows and translucent roof panels to lighten up the interior. The last tasks are addition of guttering and a tank for water collection; I've plans to get some solar-powered lights for the interior, and then we should just have to add horses and stir. Sounds good to me.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • I hope your hand/foot clears by the end of the month! I hope I'm not too exhausted by the time I ge there!

    By Blogger Swanknitter, at 7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home