Renal Cell Live!

Sunday, June 29, 2008

I'm So Stimulated

Gosh, what did you buy with your economic stimulus check? We came up with all sorts of plans for ours: fencing, gates, plants, tires, toilets - you name it, it probably made our list at one point or another. But I guess I'd say part of it, at least, is in my mouth as I write this. I spent two hours in the dentist's chair on Thursday and now have two temporary crowns in place. The real crowns, along with the final bill, come week after next. I think that appointment will only be an hour, oh boy.

Why is it that, when one is provided with unexpected cash, one ends up spending it? We had really intended to put the check in the bank (so we could pay it out again next year, most likely). And why is it that, once the check arrives, one manages to spend more than its face value?

In the end perhaps some other stash of money in savings will represent the "economic stimulus" sum. Needless to say we'll be spending more money regardless.

boiling skies 080627We went to the basement yesterday afternoon, when this parked itself over our house and the tornado sirens started going off. Fortunately it all blew over, leaving behind only an inch of rain or so, but it was scary while it lasted. I've always enjoyed thunderstorms - used to sit on the front porch swing in the midst of duck-drowners as a kid - but am terrified of tornadoes. These clouds were boiling and rotating. The urge to be outside, though, was almost overpowering. Yeah, I know it's not smart to stand outside taking pictures of storm clouds, but the skies were mesmerizing. We had to force ourselves to go inside.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home