Renal Cell Live!

Friday, June 20, 2008

Bite-Swear-Repeat

I'm enduring, with little grace, a nagging toothache. It started Wednesday evening and my dentist, bless him, was able to squeeze me in late Thursday morning. In general it's the whole of my right upper jaw, and we weren't able to isolate the source, but x-ray and camera shots clearly identify the cause. I have a 33-year-old crown from which the gum has gradually receded (about 1/8", ouch), and a small spot of decay has formed on the exposed root. I can hang on until next Thursday, when Dr K could fit me into the schedule for a 2-hour session, with Ora-jel and by staying away from ice-cold drinks and food. Does that mean no ice cream? Perish the thought - I'll let it melt before I eat it!

Uncomfortable it may be, but at least my great fear of osteonecrosis wasn't proved. I slept very little Wednesday night, not from pain but from worry. I am grateful that it's just aging dental work.

As an aside - Dr K loves gadgets and uses an intraoral dental camera like this to take those lovely closeups. Smile ...!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home