Renal Cell Live!

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Slow down!

I've been volunteering with a local adult education program for about 18 months now. We just finished our spring offering of classes, we've sent the fall brochure text off to be prepped for printing, and we're starting to plan next spring's classes.

I can come up with lots of ideas for classes; that's one of the benefits of volunteering, as things I want to learn about are included in the program. I also get a chance to teach knitting classes (thereby exposing more people to my mania).

I'm pleased by the program's success and I'm glad that I can contribute to it without jeopardizing my health. But sometimes it seems like it's become a year-round task; I'm glad that we're taking the month of July "off" from official duties.

Saint H and I celebrated Memorial Day by going out for a drive to the western part of the county. There's a sizeable Amish community out there, so there are lots of hayfields and pastures. Where there are pastures, there are grassland birds and, if the pastures are large enough, there might be bobolinks. We did, indeed, spot a few in one pasture where we've seen them for over a decade now. What a comfort that they come back!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home