Renal Cell Live!

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Tall in the Saddle

Now I understand the importance of "sitting tall in the saddle." Yes, Virginia, you can get saddle sores, and even little ones are unpleasant. Other than that I got home without incident on Saturday, unless you count my friend and sister M's broken rib from being thrown off on the trail ride, and my bout with some stomach flu that hit shortly after checking into our hotel Friday night on the way home ... At least now I'm mostly recovered from both ailments. And we haven't given up on riding; I think we'll take some more lessons and perhaps set our sights on driving lessons too.

While elderhosteling I was taken off Nexavar, just in case the additional physical activity led to problems with hand/foot. Nothing arose; we'll see if there's any difference in my scans in two weeks (I hope not).

Saint H is in Columbus tonight; we're continuing his one-night-weekly stay to save money on gas, and to save wear and tear on my sweetheart. I've decided that I'll have "movie night" here with the cats when he's away. Tonight we hunkered down with The Hunt for Red October, one of my favorite movies - I would guess that I've seen it 30 times but I always enjoy it. Duke was satisfied with popcorn (he's easy).

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Glad you made it home ok. Saddle sores can be the pits.
    If you are in Columbus I am about 80+ miles southeast of you. Small world.

    By Blogger Judy, at 5:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home