Renal Cell Live!

Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Little Things Make Me Happy

Tuesday morning I took the best shower I've had since we moved into this house. The master bath has a 5' shower enclosure, and the shower head was at least 7' off the ground - I could reach it, theoretically, by standing on my tiptoes, but who wants to do that in a shower? The spray was inadequate and messy, flinging all over the walls of the enclosure; all together an inefficient and unsatisfactory shower setup.

Saturday I finally located a shower head extender so that I could drop the shower head by about 15", with pivot points at the pipe and head so that it would be completely adjustable. When Saint H took off the old shower head to install the extender, we found out why it was so awful: The installers had broken the internal diffuser and, rather than replacing the stupid little plastic piece or bringing out a new shower head, the broken one went up. So I ordered my favorite low-pressure shower head, by Oxygenics (I'd been threatening to do so for a long time) - one for the master bath, one for the mudroom shower.

Monday night all the pieces came together, and I was thrilled with the results. I realized after the shower that I'd come to hate taking them under the old regime. Now - just keep me out of it! (No, it doesn't take much to please me)

Sunday was our 18th wedding anniversary. I've now lived with Saint H longer than I lived with my parents. I wouldn't have missed it for all the world -

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • Congrats on the anniversary and the fixed shower. Funny how little things can make a big difference.

    By Blogger Swanknitter, at 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home