Renal Cell Live!

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

What Makes a Blizzard?

It's finally stopped snowing here - we had from my count at least 29 hours of continuous snow (with some sleet mixed in), resulting in 18" and accompanied by high northerly winds. There are impressive drifts around the house and, unfortunately, across the lane. I rearranged doctors' appointments scheduled for today, tomorrow and Friday such that hopefully I won't have to depend on being able to get out and about, as there is some doubt I can accomplish that feat. Perhaps my favorite contractor Jerry can come dig us out. Fortunately we've not lost power (touch wood) and there's plenty of food in the house; remnants of preparedness, born of growing up in the country. Oddly enough with all this weather going on, our county was never tagged for the persistent blizzard warnings from the National Weather Service, though all the surrounding counties were. I'd no idea that blizzards respected county borders.

Saint H is riding out the storm in Columbus, so Duke and I are left to our own devices. Duke has divided his time between the bedroom and the guest bedroom, with time out on the couch with me. Oh, wait, that's normal for him. What's not normal is for his dad to be missing from the couch in the evening; he's noticed, but seems only to be curious about it, not distressed. All the same I'd like for everything to get back to normal - soon.

I was doing well, sleeping without sleep aids, until the storm hit. Perhaps tonight will take me back to uninterrupted sleep. Ironically March/April AARP magazine features "No-Pill Sleep Plan / By Susan Roberts - Our guinea pig author enlists in boot camp for the sleepless. Plus: Nine power tips for a good snooze", and it arrived the day following my post. [The article isn't currently online, but is likely to be posted next month]

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

  • Glad to hear you're safe. Speaking of sleep, I just ordered this book for my library. Thought it looked intriguing.

    By Blogger yarmando, at 5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home