Renal Cell Live!

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Mania for Insomnia

Well, crap. I seem just to be falling apart bit by bit. With Dr G's blessing I stopped taking my Ambien because I was having nightmares - classic thrashing about and shouting, very few of which I remember (fortunately).

Now I'm having trouble sleeping more than 2 or 3 hours at a time. I'm untangling some bureaucratic mess over a possible new prescription, and taking some samples of Rozarem that Dr MC gave me. That knocks me out pretty completely and makes me feel groggy for hours after I wake up.

I've always been a light sleeper and generally look forward to being awake, for good knitting or reading time; I once made afghans for my mother and sister during a long winter of insomnia. I'm glad that Saint H generally sleeps through my waking periods, though at least once during each episode he will pad into the living room, bleary-eyed, to make sure I'm all right. But I don't like having this repeated night after night after night ...

Is there some balance between not sleeping and not waking fully? If so I haven't managed to find it. We'll see what develops.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home