Renal Cell Live!

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!

Yet another new year - where does the time go? From my view, 2006 was a pretty good year, so let's see what this one has in store.

We're preparing to fly off to St. Louis tomorrow, to attend my sister's retirement from Air Force civilian service at Scott AFB. She's worked in Air Force public affairs for 30 years. She started working for the Air Force right out of college and, except for a short time working for the Army Corps of Engineers, spent her entire working career with them. How many people stay with an employer that long now? I'm sure that information is somewhere on the Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics site ...

Of course Saint H and I have both got slight colds, and are taking Airborne tablets - we can hope it makes a difference as this is the worst time of the year to be exposed to something unsavory in the air. Airborne reminds me of nothing so much as Fizzies drink tablets from my childhood - if only there were a root beer flavor, then the comparison would be complete!

I've started getting tax information together (ugh). Yesterday I added up all my "medical mileage" for the year. Wish I had known prior to 2006 that mileage for doctor's appointments, hospitalizations, and prescription pickups is deductible - in 2005, I was in Cleveland every other week for 6 months, but it's too hard to go back and reconstruct that now. At 258 miles per roundtrip, that would have been considerable. On the whole, though, I'd rather not have to be racking up those miles, but if that's what it takes to keep going, then I'll do it.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home