Renal Cell Live!

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Thoughts On The Solstice

On December 21, 2005 I nearly bled to death internally. I was getting ready to drive to Columbus for an appointment with Dr SC and suddenly started vomiting blood. I called Dr G's office, Dr SC's office, and my friend Mary who came by and organized the trip to the ER. Funny how snatches of scenes come back; I recall the ER staff unsuccessfully trying to insert an IV in my carotid artery ("Just turn your head, honey, keep your head turned, it's not going to work, BP's down to 74/37"). I remember trying to wave to Saint H on the way to the lifeflight 'copter. I remember being enveloped in a blessed hotpack when I got to the ICU. Everything else until I woke up the next day is pretty much a blur, or completely forgotten; and that's probably good.

Solstice: That shortest day, and longest night signalled the rebirth of the earth to ancient civilizations. It won't pass for me without thinking of my own second chance.

Candy's skimvestYesterday I attached shanks to glass disks, to serve as buttons on a vest I designed for my niece. It involved superglue. Yes, I glued my fingers together. You'd think I would know better.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • Nice vest. What yarn?

    By Blogger Swanknitter, at 8:03 AM  

  • It's KFI Kureopatora "Plus", 75% wool/25% cotton. I doubt that it's still in production. I've had it in my stash for years and it finally told me what it wanted to be ...

    By Blogger rcclive, at 12:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home