Renal Cell Live!

Friday, August 18, 2006

On the Road Again ...

(apologies to Willie Nelson; but you wouldn't want to hear me sing it)
I am, in fact, on the road, for the first time in months without Saint H, and with nary a doctor in sight. In company with knitting buddies MMH and M, I'm on the way to the Michigan Fiber Festival in Allegan. It's a great small festival, in a lovely little town, with just the right number of vendors to prevent exhaustion. I'll get to browse new patterns, pet fiber, and drool over spectacular tools and goodies. (And the Boy Scouts make great lemon shake-ups!)

We left yesterday afternoon, though not without a couple of hitches. Not least, unfortunately, my blood pressure was yo-yoing and I ended up consulting with both my family doctor, Dr MC, and Dr G in Cleveland. My diastolic pressure has been bouncing around; that's the key to tracking internal bleeding for me and that's certainly not something I want to repeat. With my medical history, there is something daunting about getting into a vehicle and travelling 5 hours away from home (creature comforts aside, all my medical support!) - I was a wreck. But, I have extra Hydralazine, my trusty pill splitter, and my blood pressure cuff, with instructions from both doctors to add dosages if I need them. As Dr MC said, "You can't stay home forever."

So, with my emergency contact sheet and insurance card in hand, I'm off to frivolity - I am looking forward to a great time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home