Renal Cell Live!

Friday, July 28, 2006

Payback is a ...

(I don't need to finish that, do I?) So much for confident words about being able to scale mountains and move boxes all day, huh. I've spent much of this week feeling like I've been run over by a truck - tired, achy, and unfortunately very cranky. A week of moving boxes in hot weather, performed by someone who's been fairly inactive for 18 months, doesn't add up to stamina does it?

I'm under orders from Saint H to "nap and knit" today and I'm trying to comply. This week has been pretty quiet except for the work going on outside - we've finally gotten work scheduled on drainage around the house, by our favorite contractor Jerry. (That puts me in mind of my cousin Judy who always beamed when my dad would refer to her as "my favorite niece," until she figured out she was his only niece ...) It's raining today so Jerry's not here. And I keep thinking of those boxes in the basement to be gone through - but I promised to take it easy today, and so I will. I think I have a very wide streak of indolence in me anyway.

So maybe I'll finish the lace edging on a scarf, or work on yet another pair of socks. Or maybe I'll nap. I am annoyed by how quickly my activities can be curtailed when I run out of energy, but it's a fact of life and I should just get used to it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home