Renal Cell Live!

Friday, July 07, 2006

False alarms?

I'm back home after two lovely days in Columbus - more time spent in waiting rooms, as usual. I had the fluoroscopy on my mediports yesterday and the results were good - no blockages, no unexpected problems. The best part of the process: there was a doctor interning on the procedure, so the radiologist explained step-by-step what was being done, much to my benefit. There was a display scope placed such that, even without my glasses, I could see what was going on. That was great! I'm relieved to have the ports declared "ready for action" again; thought is that I've strained a muscle and that's what's causing the discomfort.

Today, bloodwork at the James Kenny Road facility - as expected, my hemoglobin level flunked, and I got an Aranesp injection. At least I got only half the usual dose; I'm not maintaining the "normal" level but my level isn't dropping as fast as it used to.

As we had the Renal Cell Networking Group meeting Wednesday night, I actually went down Wednesday afternoon. To save driving (read: exhaustion) I had two lovely nights at buddy C2's "Napping Emporium" - cats at the ready, my home away from home. More on the RCNG meeting to come - still digesting my notes. Marmaduke and Maggie are happy to see me and I'm happy to be home again.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home