Renal Cell Live!

Sunday, August 06, 2006

The Dukester

The Fabulous Sprawling MarmadukeMy friend MMH came visiting with her digital camera not long ago, and was accosted by this ham. Duke, you see, thinks he's a dog at the very least, or a small person, rather than a cat. He's decided that the 1850s settee is just his size. The upholstery sets off his coloring well, don't you agree? Nineteen pounds of one-eyed splendor and excellent company, that's he. He pads in from bed when I get settled on the couch for the morning, snugs up next to my thigh, and snoozes in place long after I start messing around elsewhere. At some point in the afternoon he heads for the settee and sleeps until Saint H gets home.

It's just been in the past couple of months that my body temperature has returned to something approaching normal. Previously I froze, always, and layered in sweaters and blankets even when it was 95 degrees outside. I still have my chilly moments and always take a shawl or sweater to restaurants (heaven knows they're almost too cold for other people too) but it's nice to be warm again. I can tolerate Duke's radiance pretty well still - he's never been a lapcat unless I am in a certain chair - but have been known to (gasp) push him away from time to time. That would have been unthinkable two months ago!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home