Renal Cell Live!

Monday, March 02, 2009

Waiting Game

I've been off Nexavar for nearly 2 weeks now and am waiting for things to settle down; I've been nauseous and achy. Is this an effect of going off the drug, or is this weather and exposure to the usual pile of nasty end-of-winter colds and flu?

I've been assured that a spot is being held for me on the clinical trial, but we don't know the schedule yet. The earliest I could start is middle of this month, but will more likely be early April to fall into line with the clinical trial six-week cycle. I'll first have to pass their screening tests which, at this point, we all believe I can do.

I've been huddled up inside today, nauseous and achy as mentioned above, watching the wind whip traces of snow around the house. Winter is holding on grimly here and March has been uniformly nasty and cold so far.

All in all I feel like I'm sitting around twiddling my thumbs, waiting for things to happen. While I wait I'm letting things grind around in my head - not exactly worrying, I guess, but making myself a little anxious about what's to come. Once upon a time I was pretty good at keeping myself all positive, all the time, while waiting for something to happen. It's been a long time since I've had to think beyond the next set of scans, so I hope I can get back into that mindframe quickly this time.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home