Renal Cell Live!

Monday, August 06, 2007

Is It The Weather, Or Is It Just Me?

Anyone who knows me well, knows that I abhor hot, humid weather. My brain goes on autopilot, my head aches, my joints swell, and I'm just not pleasant to be around. Blogger Farmgirl says it all when she states in a quiet rant, "In my opinion, if you're not moving, you shouldn't be sweating profusely."

I am reminded of an incident from grade school, when a friend's cousins came from Arizona to visit her in our hometown in west-central Indiana. It was the height of summer, of course. The youngest cousin grew more and more quiet as the visit progressed; his father finally asked if he was okay. The child burst into tears, and sobbed, "I'm going to die!" He had never before had sweat stand on his skin ...

Exulting over another birthday doesn't diminish the fact that I often feel quite old these days, between the weather and the medications. I had been experimenting (with Dr G's blessing) with Nexavar dosages, and had reached a half dose last week. Sorry to say that yesterday my left big toe reacted with tingling and the beginnings of the old familiar blister ridge, and the joint of my left thumb has begun to thicken and blister. Therefore I'm once again off the medication. Next week I'll begin again at a quarter dose, and then build up to 3/8 dose and see how long I can maintain it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home