Renal Cell Live!

Monday, July 02, 2007

In Memoriam

We lost a very dear friend Saturday. The Bear came into our lives through my friend Swanknitter. She and I left the Big House library vendorship on the same day in 1991, I to take my public library job, she to move to Australia. She followed her heart and married this dear, dear man with whom she'd fallen in love via the Internet (probably one of the first Internet romances, and one of the best). We were lucky to meet him and lucky to count him as a friend.

The Bear was diagnosed with Stage 4 liver cancer about 2 weeks ago. He died in hospital Saturday morning. I feel as though my heart is being squeezed by iron bands and I have cried many, many times in the last 2 days.

Swanknitter, if you read this, you know that words aren't enough and I wish I were there to hug you. I have many favorite memories of our visit, filled with discoveries and laughter (not least the Aussie Burger King creation, Whopper with fried egg and beet root). In my heart he's always going to be perched atop the Snowy Mountains, laughing into the wind.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Sweetie, that's one of the nicest things I've read about him. He was too nice a person to have been taken so young and I still can't imagine what life will be like without him. Many virtual hugs.

    By Blogger Swanknitter, at 5:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home