Renal Cell Live!

Sunday, May 06, 2007

As If There Were Any Question ...

Yesterday I resumed taking my Nexavar, after my week's "vacation". If I still questioned the link between the medication and my side effects, I think I can safely say that I've got my answer now!

I always take my dose in the afternoon, generally around 4:00 p.m. Within an hour, the burning discomfort in my right heel returned. Within an hour, some numbness returned to my tongue. Within four hours, joints in my right hand started to ache. Last night, insomnia ruled supreme. This morning, diarrhea arrived after breakfast. So, I guess things are back to "normal". But the week off gives me welcome relief, and the symptoms are always lessened when they return. It could be a lot worse.

Saint H spent this lovely spring afternoon doing maintenance on his bluebird trail at Alum Creek State Park. He found bluebirds, tree swallows, and chickadees nesting on the trail, and the 8 gourds on the purple martin rack all contain martin nest starts for the first time since the colony formed 6 years ago.

As of last week my barn swallows are swooping over the pasture again - let's hope they find the nesting brackets we've put up for them!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home