Renal Cell Live!

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

All's Quiet?

Sorry for the hiatus; not much has been going on. In the intervening days we've managed to take a little break in Holmes County, Ohio. We keep going back to the Grapevine House, one of the most peaceful B&Bs we've ever found. We got in a long walk, a couple of good naps, and a visit to the Mt. Hope Auction - shades of my youth and frequent visits to area livestock auctions! We're already scheduled for the next visit over 4th of July, which will mark the 10th anniversary of our first stay at the Grapevine House.

Last week we went to the monthly renal cell networking group session, this time just for discussion - no speakers. While I enjoy hearing from the speakers, sometimes I miss just sitting around and catching up with how everyone is doing. When I think back to how little hope there was for RCC patients just 2 years ago, I'm amazed by how far we've gotten!

Yesterday I went to the podiatrist for yet another outbreak of hand/foot on my left big toe. He came up with an interesting recommendation - his daughter is a dancer, and he suggested that I check out some of the padding products available at dance specialty stores. So that will be one of my tasks today - I will report what I find.

Spring came, went, and seems to be cautiously trying to return. Let's hope that the effort is successful (and that we don't go directly into summer, please!!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home