Renal Cell Live!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Beardie and the Sycophants

We've nearly stopped going to a favorite local restaurant for weekend breakfasts. Of late, there's been an invasion by a men's bible study group who meet, pray, eat, and talk about their beliefs. They make authoritative pronouncements about society, what's wrong with it and how things would all be better if their particular brand of God were completely in charge. Yes, I know this sort of thing goes on all the time and everywhere, and I generally don't let it bother me, but I think they all work with jackhammers daily because these words have to be uttered at the highest possible volume. One fellow leads the discussions and his every word is met with approval and, in one guy's case, a braying "Oh, YEAH. Yeah, Brother!! Right on! Yuk-yuk-yuk!!"

Did something happen to one of them to cause the group's founding? Was it sudden? Was it frightening? All I know is, one week they appeared and they've never gone away. What makes someone turn to religion? Why didn't I? Oh, there's no answer to these questions - I'm not religious and I probably wouldn't seek out their punitive God for comfort if I were. But it makes me wonder what triggered their creation. And I feel sorry for the restaurant owners, because their business is suffering.

I spent 10 days off Nexavar and resumed a quarter dose last Thursday. I now take 400 mg every other day. The hand/foot symptoms have nearly disappeared and I've not had any tingling or other warnings of renewed symptoms. I'll be back in Dr C's hands in Columbus in 3 weeks, and to Dr G's ministrations in 7 weeks. Life goes on.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • I'm glad your feet are better. Hope the Nexavar doesn't do too badly. How could any god do the things that happens to people like us? If this is "God's love" He needs a nudge to straighten a few things out.

    By Blogger Swanknitter, at 6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home