Renal Cell Live!

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The Reading Nook

I have always kept books in the bathroom. Now I have a set of shelves in the bathroom; I make numerous trips there daily due to my medications, and figure I might as well use my time wisely :^)

So, aside from the Harry Potter books and some favorite mysteries by Dorothy Sayers and Josephine Tey, what's in the bathroom with me? Often there's a stack of library books. And, since we just moved all of our "spare" books from the old house, I'm finding oldies to re-read. Right now, it's the Richmond Lattimore translation of Homer's Odyssey.

There's an added benefit to bathroom reading - I can read poetry aloud to myself, stumble on (or over) pronunciations, be overly dramatic and ridiculous, and nobody else can hear me. The cats are the exception, of course, but I doubt they'd tell on me. I'm enjoying the chance to rediscover my collection. What better thing to do when I'm a captive audience of one, so to speak?

Cool and decidedly fall-like here this weekend; the sweaters are out again. Early this morning the sky was crystal clear and the stars were so bright I could see the brightest ones without my glasses. I enjoyed being warm for a while but I am willing to trade that for fall - one can always put on more layers, after all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home