Renal Cell Live!

Friday, August 25, 2006

Social Butterfly

The best thing about frequent trips to Columbus is that I have many chances to see friends from when I lived there, or with whom I worked in professional organizations after leaving there. Today I had a chance to catch up over lunch with my friend Yarmando, database expert and knitter extraordinaire. I came away with a great new hat, plus a reversible cabled winter scarf. (Is it good to know one's head is the same size as a Donvier ice cream freezer bowl?)

Today's session at the James Kenny Road facility: blood pressure down to 133/73 (hooray), hemoglobin levels down to 11.4 (boo). My nurse said I'm to get Aranesp if hemoglobin is 12 or below, so now I know -- too bad one can't simply exercise to achieve the "right" level. No-o-o-o, we have to get the ol' shot in the arm. At least it's not a shot in the butt, thank you very much ... (insult spared for the mature audience, since we are generally blessed with other "fleshy parts").

I managed to scare myself on the way home, nearly falling asleep when about half-way there. I pulled off at a nearby state park, got out of the car, walked around, and woke myself up before starting off again. It isn't a long drive, just tiring. Maybe I'll have to nap at C2's before I start home, as well as staying the night before these sessions? Bummer! I hate fatigue!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home