Renal Cell Live!

Thursday, October 15, 2009

TMI?

Some of my friends have sent emails, concerned that I haven't been posting as frequently to my blog as in the past. Part of that's covered by my schedule: I'm asleep or otherwise out of commission for a couple of days for every treatment, and for the next few weeks I'm taking a couple of classes through a local Elderhostel program. Once I'm out of classes in mid-November I'll be back to my usual schedule.

The other part is a little harder to quantify: I'm bound by a verbal agreement with the drug company conducting the clinical trial to be discreet in discussing my participation, and I'm not to make any claims that I think I'm being cured or other unscientific deductions about my case. So that leaves me with observations on how I feel, what reactions I've had, anything that's verifiable. I think it's safe for me to say that I can report documented results and equivalences from one evaluation to another. I do wonder what constitutes "too much information" for the drug company.

I will figure out how to request clarification on this. I don't want to jeopardize their trial, nor do I want to jeopardize my participation in it as I think it's important to give back to the kidney cancer community. I suppose at some point there will be FDA guidelines about blogging for clinical trials!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home