Renal Cell Live!

Saturday, January 26, 2008

What? No Blizzard?

Loudenslager Farm, Marion County; Courtesy Ohio Historical SocietyToday is the 30th anniversary of the blizzard of 1978. Where were you? I was a teaching assistant in the History Department at Indiana University. I'd finished my office hours in Ballantine Hall and walked over to the Main Library at 5:00 p.m. in light snow. When I emerged at 11:00 p.m., campus was covered with 18" of snow. All the buses had been pulled off their routes, so I walked a mile home. Fortunately I'd worn a parka and snow boots; another student approaching the bus stop by the library had not done so. She lived near me, so I walked home with her hanging onto the back of my jacket. I didn't see my car again until April when the last snowdrifts melted!

We went yesterday to Cleveland for scans, labwork, and appointments. Still stable, so no change on medications or routines for now. Dr. G thinks one of my liver lesions may be a cyst rather than a tumor so he's reviewing all my past scans for clues.

Funny to think of it - I've been on antiangiogenic treatments for 28 months now. I've never seen "shrinkage" in the best sense of the word (the medical requirement of 30% reduction), but we are all satisfied with stability. More on this appointment later - I have much to think about.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • Oh, sweetie! That you may finally be truly stable if not cured. How are the side effects? No change in how many months? Keep it up till November please.

    By Blogger Swanknitter, at 8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home