Renal Cell Live!

Sunday, January 06, 2008

What Will the New Year Bring?

I've had a self-imposed moratorium on computer use for the last few weeks. My wrists have been sore, my eyes have been annoying me, and I've known full well that if I wrote here it would be nothing but complaints. So I've kept my mouth shut. Now I'm paying for it by reading through 157 emails and catching up with some volunteer work.

Just before Christmas my "adopted" brother G died of colon cancer. Over 20 years ago I was absorbed into my friend C2's family and gained 4 sisters and 2 brothers in the process. G was a musician (and often a goofball); he was talented, a wordsmith and a wit. He ignored his health and died too young. In the last month of his life he came to terms with death - responsible about the final financial details, mending fences, telling people he loved them. His memorial service was packed, an SRO crowd for his final show.

Last year I lost 4 friends to cancer. Let this year not hold the same!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home