Renal Cell Live!

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Resurrecting An Old Habit

My last two professional jobs required lots of computer time - first thing in the morning on arrival, the PC would be turned on, and I'd be in front of it most of the day. Twenty years of habit were hard to break until this past December when I swore I'd give myself a vacation from screentime. Well, break I did, and I have found it nearly impossible to re-start my daily sessions at the laptop. I have some volunteer duties that require computer access and I'm sadly behind on them, so it's time to buckle down and get all my routines back in place.

I can't say that there's been much happening; it's been cold and damp, we've had some snow, and it's actually acted something like normal winter for a change. Marmaduke has been declared mildly diabetic (controlled with medication). I'm fatigued and having trouble with my joints (meds and weather). We go Friday for the next round of scans and tests in Cleveland. While I can't say that I look forward to this, I admit that I'm always relieved when the appointments are over, regardless the outcome - no more uncertainty. The fatigue and joint pain are "normal" enough that I hardly worry about them anymore, but persistent swelling and pain in my left knee is something new to be checked out. I guess it's always something.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home