Renal Cell Live!

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Testing, Testing - Part 2

As the patient, you are entitled to a copy of your medical records, including all test results. I discuss the tests with my doctor, but I also keep my copies in a file so I can refer back to them later.

Sometimes when I go back to look at the test results, it just looks like alphabet soup. Some of the tests have similar names and/or acronyms. If I'm not talking them over with my doctor at the time, I can feel like I'm in a medical maze. So I've found some sources that I use to make sense of those reports. You can search any or all of them for quality, reliable information.

MedLine Plus Encyclopedia

Harvard Medical School Family Health Guide to diagnostic tests

WebMD A-to-Z Health Guide to medical tests

Lab Tests Online (use the "Search" feature; easier than scrolling through their lists)

I go to the local podiatrist on Monday - is the sore spot on my left foot a blister, or is it hand/foot syndrome? Whatever it is, is sure hurts!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home