Renal Cell Live!

Sunday, May 03, 2009

Resolving a Morel Dilemma

Saturday evening I was prepping stuff for dinner when Saint H announced, "I think I'll go mow." We'd had 3" of rain in the past couple of days but it had held off most of Saturday, with sun and wind drying things out, and the grass was taking over. So I went on working, keeping an ear cocked for mowing progress, so I could make a stab at getting dinner on the table at a reasonable hour.

No mowing - so I figured he'd had to sharpen a blade, or was cleaning the mower, or had gotten distracted by something else that needed doing (that happens to both of us pretty frequently!) He strolled into the house finally: "I didn't get any mowing done. I went down to check on a sparrow trap, and started clearing up some of the junk that's piled in the corner of the woods. I found these ..." and held out a baseball cap full of morel mushrooms.

Needless to say, the lack of mowing was forgiven immediately! Cooked in a hot cast iron skillet with butter and pepper, they made a great addition to supper. The problem was, there wasn't much left over to share for another meal. I was ready to cede them to him; after all, he did the work to gather them and he cooked them to perfection. But he solved the problem by bringing in another mess tonight. They're cooked and waiting for supper tomorrow! Yum!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home