Renal Cell Live!

Monday, September 03, 2007

The Shining

I haven't seen the film but of course know the memorable snippet of Jack Nicholson peering through the axe-chopped door and leering, "I'm ba-a-ack!" If hand/foot had a face and voice, that would be it in a nutshell for me.

I noticed Saturday that the usual trouble spot at the joint of my left thumb was roughening and getting what Saint H calls "frostbite" - a waxy yellowish appearance. Last night my left big toe was throbbing, and this morning my usual blister had popped up. I've taken myself off Nexavar through the end of the week and notified Dr G. I'll resume the quarter dose on Saturday or Sunday.

All told I managed the three-eighths dose for a little over 2 weeks before the blistering resumed. I wish I could say that I knew, positively, that the slight increase in dose is worth the discomfort and reduced mobility. To my mind, right now, I don't think so. My dosage has been all over the map for the last 6 weeks, so who knows what will show up in the scans on the 17th? If there's shrinkage, what dosage do we try to stick to?

We went today to West Liberty, Ohio, for the annual Lions Labor Day Festival. Antique tractors (two local Ferguson collectors always exhibit), Bellefontaine Lions Club steak sandwiches, West Liberty Lions Club chicken barbeque, and a chance to see friend MMH's parents always make for a good time. Fortunately it's a small fairgrounds so I managed to gimp around pretty well for the short time we were there. For now, shoes off, feet up. Happy Labor Day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home