Renal Cell Live!

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Safety Caps

Remember the Tylenol/cyanide scare in summer, 1982? In its aftermath, "Press down while turning" didn't seem like a big deal to me. Sure, my mom complained about getting the caps off bottles and generally left things partly unscrewed once she'd conquered the initial seal, but I knew she had arthritis in her hands. That had to be the reason she hated those caps so, right?

Then came my own string of medical problems and crises. Long stays in the hospital, fatigue and convalescense left me tired and lacking in muscle strength. Suddenly I, too, was expanding my list of curse words and applying them to those @#$&! impossible-to-remove bottle caps. I might have been able to deal with them before, but not after -

Thank heavens for the "no safety cap" option! And some enterprising packaging genius has come up with a cap that serves both secure and non-secure needs. If only someone would solve the "impregnable blister pak" pill problem, I'd be completely happy.

Today's weather: cold and blustery, winds gusting to 40 mph, and even intervals with snow squalls. Brrrrr!

1 Comments:

  • practically all medication comes blister packed here which I consider a waste of packaging and a danger to those with small children. Even my morphine come in a blister pack. I loathe them as well.

    By Blogger Swanknitter, at 12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home