Renal Cell Live!

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Nothing In My Brain

"I want to show you some beautiful pictures." Those were the first words we heard from Dr. LA in Cleveland yesterday; she suited actions to words and pulled up before-and-after MRI shots from the gamma knife procedure.

As of yesterday's MRI results, there is no swelling remaining in the brain, and all of the targeted lesions were eradicated. There are no new growths present. The procedure was completely successful. It was fascinating to see the images side-by-side. The largest lesion left a hole, literally, in my brain. Thank goodness we have more brain matter than we need ... Dr. LA is thrilled with the results, as are we.

We met also with nurse Shari, who reviewed my labs. Nothing abnormal showed up; my hemoglobin counts continue to hover just below normal, and we'll continue to monitor that as well as some of the other "normally abnormal" counts that I've accumulated over the years. We'll also continue to monitor my liver activity, as anecdotal reports have several Votrient users suddenly developing liver dysfunction. I'll be seeing Dr. LA every three months, and probably will see Dr. G about every 8 weeks, so we'll still be burning up the roads between here and Cleveland for the foreseeable future.

On the homefront: last night Cola suddenly howled, sprang into the air, and raced around the living room, disappearing down the basement steps before I could stop her. She stayed huddled in the basement all night and most of the day today. This was a mystery until I found the yellow jacket in my bathroom. My guess is that she (the Mighty Huntress) found the dratted thing, attacked it as she would any other insect, and was stung. I swatted it with a towel 3 times (each time it started stinging the towel), and finally crushed it with a bottle. I remember stepping on one of those as a kid; it took pliers to pry it away from my toe after I was stung. Poor little kitty!!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home