Renal Cell Live!

Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring Forward

Nothing like having all the signs of spring cram themselves into a couple of days: We have lost nearly all the snow from the fencerows with temperatures in the high 60s for two days. Yesterday the spring peepers burst forth from the frozen mud in the pond, and a red-winged blackbird parked himself on the garden fence and started calling for a mate. Tonight we barely heard woodcocks "peenting" and tumbling over the pasture through the din of the frog chorus. Let's bring on the barn swallows! I'm ready for baseball!

We have "sprung forward" with a decision, so to speak. Saint H and I go to Cleveland on March 24th for a new baseline scan, and I will start on Votrient. This was not an easy decision by any means, and I'll be outlining all the factors we took into account for making the choice over the next few entries. In the meantime, I'm content that we've made the best choice we can, and am ready for the next step.

Brother P is visiting. I'm having a great time cooking for company - so far moussaka and chili have made the list, with corned beef and trimmings planned for Sunday. Steroid therapy ends on the 18th, and with it perhaps my appetite, but it sure has been fun while it lasted. Sister C, I promise to send him back before he explodes!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home