Renal Cell Live!

Monday, October 08, 2007

That'll Larn Me

Madame Monet with Parasol
You may remember our B-17 flight from last year. Last weekend we indulged in another trip back in time with the Gathering of Mustangs and Legends at Rickenbacker Field. Mustangs, a B-17, B-25s, Curtiss P-40s, a P-38, a Lancaster bomber, a Zero ... enough to make the romance of flight come alive for anyone!

It was warm, bright, and sunny. We figured we'd spend about 5 hours there. We took water and sports drinks. I had on long sleeves, long pants, a hat, and sunscreen. I came home happy and tired - and sunburned on the chest, neck and face.

Having burned my arms and hands on September 20 at the annual Farm Science Review, despite long sleeves, long pants, a hat, and sunscreen, you'd think I'd be more careful. I still have a subdural rash on my arms from that trip, and have developed same on my chest from the air show.

Sun sensitivity is one of the most common side effects of the antiangiogenic drugs on the market. I guess I will have to use SPF 50 sunscreen exclusively. Perhaps I'll start carrying a parasol, too - fashion trend, anyone?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home